SHAG- Sexual Health Advice & Guidance Week
SHAG week is not just about condoms. It's much, much more. Today, Chlamydia is the number one STI among students and the situation must be tackled. With education we can make people more aware of their rights and responsibilities, should they chose to be sexually active
As we come to the end of S.H.A.G week, we can reflect on the importance of sexual health, relationships, feelings, consent and advice. During the campaign, there has been a whole range of events and activities which have given student advice, support, education and sign posted them to other services. But this does not stop here. There are services which are available to all students the whole year round and we want you to know the importance of seeking the advice you need.
It’s good to talk!
There will be sexual health screening clinics around the university over the next month so if you want more information, advice or support about any topic related to sexual health, this is a perfect opportunity for you.
- 18th November 2019 – 11am-2pm – Godiva Place
- 2nd December 2019 – 11am – 2pm – The Hub
- 9th December 2019 – 11am – 2pm – Jaguar Building
ResLife- How can we help?
The ResLife team are all fully C-Card trained which basically means we can sign you up and provide you with FREE condoms. If you are aged 13-24, you are entitled to FREE condoms under the C-Card Scheme. Once you have registered, you will be able to collect condoms from any issue point (includes a wide range of pharmacies across Coventry) as frequently as you require.
If you would like more information about the C-Card, please email ResLife@Futurelets.co.uk
- Read Next
- A Year in the Life of ResLife World Mental Health Day 2019: What Can We Do to Tackle the Stigma? Your Residence Life Coordinator Need support with your studies? Your campus facilities! House V's Halls How YOU can save some energy Enhance your Uni Life with ResLife 10 places you should visit with ResLife during your first year
- Your campus facilities! Leaving halls for Christmas? Secret Santa Competition: Win £50 IKEA voucher! Balancing every part of university life... House V's Halls