Arriving in the UK? Top tips for your arrival!
You've made a great choice deciding to study in Edinburgh! It's a buzzing student city with lots to do and explore.
Moving to a different country can take a lot of getting used to though. With another culture to immerse yourself in, you will be feeling nervous and excited all at the same time.
You can purchase a lot of things here in the UK so it is best to only bring key items. Here are some tips...
- Rice Cookers: Leave these at home, not only are they banned from the UK as they use a different voltage but it'll save you lots more space. You can easily buy these when you get here in stores such as Argos.
- Food/Ingredients: There are plenty of Asian supermarkets in Edinburgh as well as World Food aisles in supermarkets.
TOP TIP: You will it to be a lot more expensive than back home so if there is a particular snack you enjoy regularly, it might be best to stock up before you leave.
- Clothing: It is best to just pack for a couple of weeks and buy the rest when you get here. Edinburgh has a huge array of clothing stores that do not cost much either.
- Medicine: One thing you may struggle to find is specific medicines. If you need anything particular, it is best to bring these with you.
- Read Next
- Judie's Blog: Once Watt, Never Not How I funded my summer... What you'll miss about university over summer... Josh's top 3 books to help you unwind #WeAreInternational: What to bring with you to Heriot Watt Have you sorted your bills for next year? All the uni supplies you NEED How to make your second year house safe What's already provided in my halls? A guide to living the UK
- #WeAreInternational: What to bring with you to Heriot Watt Edinburgh Food Festival 2019 What's already provided in my halls? House hunting: The basics All the uni supplies you NEED