Why Should You Stay in Halls?
Thinking about whether to apply or whether to accept your offer? Take a look at some of our top reasons for staying in halls!
- You're part of the university community - we'll provide you with a safe student-centred environment with easy access to university services, including support services in halls.
- Residence Life - a student support and activities/event programme in halls to help you settle in, meet new friends and provide you with advice. This even includes 24/7 services such as security and reception.
- UOL students - you get to live with other students from the University of Leicester! If you go to private accommodation you'll likely be with a mixture of students from UOL and DeMontford University.
- Easy to get to campus - all our accommodation is either close to the university campus or has dedicated transport links to the university! Other accommodation in the city is usually further away.
- First yeat guarantee - If you apply before 1st September you're guaranteed a room in the university accommodation if you're a new undergraduate!
Halls of Residence
Student Makeup: New undergraduates and undergraduate returners
The Village in Oadby is made up of five halls of residence with their own character and community. Oadby is surrounded by lot's of green space and the Botanical Gardens, plus a wide range of new and old buildings, including listed properties. You'll find lot's to do in The Village in our hall site social spaces, with seating areas, bars, music rooms, study rooms, a games room and a cinema room.
Don't forget the Roger Bettles Sports Centre is also on site (with a gym, sports halls and swimming pool) along with playing fields, tennis courts and a running track outside. Your university gym membership covers this sports centre and the Danielle Brown Sports Centre on main campus.
Student Makeup: Undergraduates and postgraduates
The City accommodation is close to campus (within 10 mins walk) and is right next to supermarkets, a cinema complex, restaurants and bars in the city centre and on Queens Road. It's also walking distance from the train station, useful for commuting home!
The City accommodation has three main sites: Nixon Court, Opal Court and Brookland Road. Each site has its own common rooms with pool tables, table tennis, pianos and social seating areas. Opal Court common room even has it's own communal kitchen! What's more, because you're so close to the university you'll have access to all the services and spaces on main campus (such as the library and the Danielle Brown Sports Centre).
Still need some information, advice or even want to pop in for a tour over the summer, get in touch with us using the following details:
T: +44 (0)116 252 2428
The Village Reception - John Foster Hall, 15 Manor Road, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 2LG
The City Reception - Nixon Court, 33 Putney Road, Leicester, LE2 7TG
- Read Next
- Support in Halls How To...Get Around in Leicester The Oadby Shuttle Bus - 2019/20 Passes About Your Hall: John Foster My First Day in Halls How to...Report a Maintenance Issue About Your Hall: Stamford About Your Hall: Gilbert Murray About Your Hall: Beaumont About Your Hall: Digby
- Tell us about your allergies to help us support you! Escape OSV! About Your Hall: John Foster How to...Report a Maintenance Issue About Your Hall: Digby