So you like... art and media
There are loads of opportunities around Campus to get involved with a range of activities. In this series, we let you know about the various societies, events and clubs you can get involved with.
This week, we look at arts and media. Perhaps you are an avid painter, a photographer or you love to watch films. Maybe you want to delve into the art world, but you aren't sure of your first steps? Here's some ways you can get your art on at Manchester Met...
- Film Society. They screen films every Wednesday at 18:30. The society also take part in film events around Manchester and, during February, go to the annual Berlin Film Festival. Members will be able to gain free tickets/entry to society events. Preview more here.
- Photography Society. This society welcomes photographers of all kind of abilities, whether you are a professional or just a beginner. They offer trips, talks, competitions and socials & try to improve upon existing skills of members by focusing on particular themes. Get snapping.
- Futures Skills Award. The Futures Skills Award scheme offers recognition for the additional work students complete as well as the opportunity to develop skills. The Award scheme has many art based activities, such as Poetry in Practice. More events here.
- Fine Art Degree Show Society. Do you want to be a part of the Art Degree Show? Get involved and meet artists, curate pieces and meet other artists. Let your arty side out here.
- Read Next
- What is a Course Rep and why become one? 3 Manchester museums you NEED to visit What is it like for International students at MMU? 5 things to do when you have settled in Got a job interview? Ultimate guide to Cheshire Campus Looking for a part-time job? We can help!
- Stay with us! Resits: If at first you don't succeed... What's around Birley? Daisy Bank Halls: From a Daisy Bank Veteran The Cotswold Way 100: How did Paula get on?