Struggles only left-handed people understand...
You might have thought that being left-handed was really rare, but did you know 10% of the world population now writes with their left hand?
Those of you who are left-handed understand that it comes with some slight inconveniences...
But of course, you rock it anyway. Lefties, use Left-handers Awareness Day to embrace your awkwardness!
How many of these can you relate to?
- Covering your hand in ink pretty much every day
As soon as you finish writing a sentence, you look down at your paper which is all smudged because half of the ink is on the side of your hand. In exams, you have just as much ink on your hand as you do on your answer paper - the joys.
- The mission that is using a tin opener
No right-hand people will ever understand the struggle. Most people think you're incapable of using such a simple tool but for lefties, they are one of the most difficult inventions. Ring-pull tins/cans are your friends!
- Controllers are made for right-handed people
How frustrating is it when your right-handed friends seem so much better than you on the Ps4/Xbox? Yes, it might be because they just ARE better but you can just blame it on the controls being the wrong way around.
- Not being able to use 'normal' scissors
Yes, left-handed scissors weren't just something you needed in primary and secondary school. You can guarantee you'll struggle with any scissors someone hands you so get yourself on Hobbycraft or Amazon and keep them somewhere safe.
- Constantly elbowing people at the dinner table
If you sit next to a right-handed person, you can guarantee that you'll be bumping elbows throughout the meal. If you go out or have family around at yours, always bag the top seat to avoid any bruised elbows!
- Everyday chores and tasks are always a little bit harder
When you're cooking alongside someone else (at home or in halls) it gets so confusing and you get all tangled up. You hold pans the 'wrong' way and somehow end up burning yourself. And don't get us started on doing the ironing...
Do you know who some of your fellow lefties are? Well, with people like Prince William, Eminem, Barack Obama and Jennifer Lawrence, we think you should shout about it from the rooftops.
- Read Next
- Things only your BEST friends can get away with How to stay positive Struggling with Social Anxiety? Quiz: What type of student are you? How I funded my summer... Bike Safety - How To Not Get Hit... 5 unusual nights out in Manchester Making it on your own: Laundry Got a job interview? Awkward things that happen when making friends What it's like being a student from outside the UK 10 things to remember as a student
- Spotlight on... Manchester Met Halls What's already provided in Birley flats? Missed the RA recruitment deadline? You should read this! Moving out of halls? Don't forget your 'Outduction'! When home doesn't feel like home anymore...