Things only your BEST friends can get away with
There are a few unspoken rules between best friends...
Things that you can do to each other that just would not be ok with anyone else. And things that you tolerate, that you certainly wouldn't with someone else!
People say you make friends for life at university, so see if you meet people who could only get away with things like:
- Them insulting you and you insulting back
There's no malice behind your insults - you are just showing how much you love each other when you laugh at their mistakes.
- Talking badly about your ex
“...But we’re still friends!” “Yeah, but he/she was horrible.”
- Teasing you about your crush
The nudging and awkward glare whenever they walk in the room, the taunt about you that time you embarrassed yourself in front of them, nothing will stop the teasing.
- Asking insanely stupid questions
"Chemistry's the one with shapes, right?"
- Pushing you into crazy drinking games
Being on the receiving end of "I like to drink with... because... is our mate" is never fun but we always do it - why?
- Telling you about their personal lives in way too much detail
To be honest, we don't want to know about your latest shenanigans with your last Tinder date. But we'll let you tell us anyway.
- Fancying your sibling.
The staring, the giggling, the awkward "hi" - either way, at least one of your friends fall for them, and their awkward flirting attempts make you cringe...
- Buying ridiculous presents for your birthday because of how many in-jokes you share
"Aww, you shouldn't have!" Then you open the gift "Wow... you really shouldn't have. I don't know what I'll do with this life-size cutout of Phillip Schofield."
- Read Next
- Making it on your own: Laundry But first... let me take a selfie! How We Can Help At Birley Student Living Reception Daisy Bank Halls: From a Daisy Bank Veteran New Student? Learn about Res Life at MMU Struggles only left-handed people understand... 10 things that happen on every group holiday When home doesn't feel like home anymore... What is it like for International students at MMU? How I funded my summer... Struggling with Social Anxiety? How to be the BEST neighbour
- Spotlight on... Manchester Met Halls Missed the RA recruitment deadline? You should read this! 10 fun things to do in Manchester Things only your BEST friends can get away with How to make your second year house safe