Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

I Agree.


Accommodation Repairs - how to report maintenance requests

By Megan 29 Jan 2019

If something in your accommodation breaks or needs repairing just let the Accommodation Team know. For non-emergency repairs you can complete the online form and our team of maintenance staff will aim to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Please do not use this form to report an emergency repair. If you need an emergency repair then you should speak to the team at the Accommodation Reception during office hours (9am-5pm Mon-Thurs, 9am-4:30pm Fri) or contact Security out of hours by calling 0131 474 0000 or visit them at the Main Building Reception.

Emergency repairs include the re-instatement of a utility or vital service or a temporary repair prior to a full repair being carried out - e.g. serious water or roof leaks, faulty door locks, failure of heating and water systems.

Click here to see the priority categories.

Please note that, on occasion, a part may need to be ordered which will delay your repair.

On completion of your repair a calling card will be left to let you know that the repair has taken place. The majority of the repairs reported historically have the target of 7 or 21 days and we usually attend to them the well before the target date. We have a site caretaker who deals with 85 -90% of the repairs reported. If the caretaker cannot deal with the issue then we have contractors that will attend to it.

What if my repair is not fixed when I expected?

If we get it wrong, then come and talk to us and we will try to sort out the issue. We are here to help!

University Closure

Please note there will be no maintenance service over the closure period with the exception of any emergencies which arise. In the case of a maintenance emergency please contact Security on 0131 474 0000 or in person at the Main Academic Building Reception. Emergencies include no electricity or heating, a water leak, a building fault that could endanger the lives of any resident.

Residents can still enter routine maintenance requests via the online form but please be aware that these requests will not be dealt with until the Accommodation Services office reopens in January.

Megan is part of the QMU Browzer Team
View All Posts