Crunchy Granola Recipe
Ingredients (makes about 12 breakfast bowlfuls)
- 175g mixed nuts (pecan halves and peanuts in their red skins)
- 450g rolled oats
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 100ml runny honey (try one of the lightly flavoured flower ones)
- half a 170g packet dried berries and cherry
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5/fan oven 170C. Halve some of the pecans, leave some whole. Mix with peanuts, oats, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. In a jug, measure the oil and pour into the mixture, then measure the honey – it will slide out easily. Stir together with a fork to break up any big clumps of oats.
- Pour on to a large baking tray with sides, preferably non-stick, in a thin layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring well at least twice and bringing the mixture in from the edges, until it is golden. Transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Mix in the berries and cherries and serve with plenty of chilled milk.
- Store for up to 1 month in airtight container.
- Read Next
- Greek-Style Stuffed Red Peppers Recipe Snowflake Biscuits Recipe Piri Piri Chicken with Spicy Rice Recipe Mexican Lasagne Recipe Unbelievably Easy Mince Pies Recipe Raspberry, Pistachio & Elderflower Topper Recipe Traditional Scottish Oatcakes Recipe Satay Chicken Recipe Easy Vegetable Curry Recipe Chicken and Sweet Potato Traybake Recipe Jalapeno Poppers Recipe Chicken, Sweet Potato and Spinach Recipe Quesadillas Recipe Pickled Potato Salad Recipe
- Ida-Marie's Blog: The 16 Personalities Self-Service password reset available now Eat, Drink and Play at QMU Jump In! Trampoline Park Your Maggie's Menu