What are your plans this summer?
Are you going home or staying in Sheffield this summer?
Either way, here's your guide to getting the support you need, as well as a few useful reminders from Library & Student Support Services...
- Microsoft Office packages are free with SHU accounts to help with your studying - click here to access free and discounted software.
- Do you have questions about finance? Don't forget to finalise your funding plans and get the info you need - see Student Funding on Shuspace.
- Check out the internships and summer jobs on offer to really make the most of your summer.
- You can be tested for certain disabilities or access support. All your questions about how to get the support you need, learning contracts and support workers are answered here.
- Get help with budgeting with Blackbullion, an online resource to improve your financial skills.
- Wherever you are don't forget to look after yourself - stay well, stay safe.
We'll miss you, but here are some handy hints and tips that'll help you keep studying!
- Get help with our 24 hour chat service who can also be contacted over the phone or via email.
- Login to Library Gateway anytime to view online resources such as ebooks, articles, subject guides and databases.
- The Bridge offers study skills support with everything from writing your dissertation to managing your time, to referencing, maths and stats and everything in between!
- Feeling stresses or anxious? There's plenty of support available online with Big White Wall and Samaritans.
Staying in Sheffield
- Borrowing books - loans automatically renew every week unless someone else requests it. Check out My Library Account to manage your loans. If you need to return a book you can always post it by recorded delivery.
- If you have friends at other uni's coming to Sheffield for the summer, they are likely to be able to connect to SHU Wi-Fi with Eduroam if they want to study.
- Library Helpdesks will be open Monday to Friday, 10am - 5pm as well as self-service whenever you need it.
- We've got your back with our 24/7 virtual support team who can be contacted by phone or chat for help.
- Some cafes and catering outlets will remain open over the summer. Check when your favourite is open by selecting your campus and building here.
- Free hot water is available in both library cafe areas!
And most importantly, wherever you are - have a fantastic summer!
- Read Next
- Browzer Tips - Laptop Lockers A rough guide to Hallam Libraries Browzer Tips - Laptop work spaces around SHU Browzer Tips - How to Design for print Browzer Tips - How to book a PC & rooms in SHU libraries Resits: If at first you don't succeed.... Have you sorted your bills for next year? How I funded my summer... 5 things to do before you get to SHU!
- Your first fortnight at SHU bucketlist! #AdviceFromAGraduate: What I wish I knew about uni Welcome Weekend & Check in Sheffield Taste The World Food Festival All the uni supplies you NEED