Fresher's Pasta Recipes
Pasta is the most versatile dish, you can always chuck whatever ingredients you have on your shelves into your pasta and it will (hopefully) taste good. Here are some yummy recipes to try:
- 3 Eggs
- 100g Grated Parmesan
- 100g Pancetta
- Salt & pepper
- Boil water in a pan and add 1 tsp salt and spaghetti (as much as you need)
- Finely chop the pancetta and fry until it's golden and crisp
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add black pepper
- Mix 90% of the cheese into the eggs, saving some cheese for later
- Once spaghetti is cooked add it into the pancetta and take off the heat
- Quickly add the egg and cheese mix into the pasta, using tongs or a long fork, lift up the spaghetti so it mixes easily with the egg mixture (which needs to thicken but not scramble) until everything is coated.
- Add some water that you boiled the pasta in earlier if mixture is dry
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and add salt & pepper
Crème fraîche pasta
- 3 tbsp Crème fraîche
- 3 tsp Arrabbiata paste (or red pesto)
- 1 Red pepper
- CHEESE (cheddar or Parmesan)
- Boil water in a pan and add 1 tsp salt and pasta
- Fry bacon (until crispy, then shred into small pieces or snip using scissors) along with the sliced red peppers and mushrooms
- Add the paste and creme fraiche to the bacon and veg mix (this now creates the pasta sauce)
- When pasta is cooked, drain 95% of the water, then add the pasta sauce to the pasta and cook on the hob for 1 minute, constantly mixing it.
- Serve and sprinkle cheese all over
Pepperoni pizza pasta bake
Combine pasta with pizza for this delicious recipe.
**Oven-proof pan required**
- 500g Pasta
- 400 ml Water
- Pepperoni slices
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g Pizza sauce/topper
- Grated cheese
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, add the tinned tomatoes, pizza sauce and most of the pepperoni slices (keep a handful back for later)
- Mix together and warm through for 5 minutes.
- Add in 400ml of water and 500g of pasta and mix well. Turn up the heat to bring the mixture to the boil and cook until the pasta is just cooked (al dente), which shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
- Add in handful of grated cheese and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with more grated cheese and the remaining pepperoni slices.
- Place the whole pan in the oven at 200 degrees for around 10 mins until the top layer of cheese has melted.
- Read Next
- GIF Recipes Vegan Recipe ideas Easy ways to be more sustainable Glenside Campus Video Like eggs? Love omelette! Recipe of the week: 'Prawn curry in a hurry' Give it a Go! What is HallsLife? 9 Things to do before you move to uni A Resident Assistant's Top Tips for Moving In! Get the Cleaners in! 10 mins Indian chickpeas with poached eggs recipe
- UWE Halls Life Presents: Winter Warmers How to cope with your 'winter blues' at UWE Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Flat-sharing Drama Finding your second year house