Meningitis - Know the Facts
It's time to start your new adventure, but there are a few important things you need to know before you arrive.
As a student you are in an at risk group in regards to catching meningitis, the MenACWY vaccine protects you against some types of meningitis and septicemia. . It's free to all students under 25, including international students , so make sure you book in with your GP to have this vaccination.
While you are at the GP, why not take the time to make sure that you are up to date on all your vaccinations.
Know the signs -
- High temperature or fever
- Feeling drowsy
- Confusion or disorientation
- Being violently sick
- Severe headache
- Neck stiffness (can't touch your chin to your chest)
- Joint or muscle pains
- Rapid deterioration of health
- Rash of tiny spots red/purple in colour, which may spread to look like bruising. In the majority of cases, the rash does not disappear when pressed firmly, a good way to check this is to press a glass against it.
- Read Next
- HallsLife International Food Evening A Resident Assistant's Top Tips for Moving In! Hey HallsLife Bristol Big Give Strapped for Cash? In need of a Job? The Students' Union Advice Centre Get the Cleaners in! Friday Funday - Every Friday at the SU Collecting your parcels Movember Mental Wealth Podcast SPACED! Free Advice & Support on Drugs & Alcohol
- Let's start getting ready for uni! Ella's top tips for first year! A Resident Assistant's Top Tips for Moving In! City Tour & Museum Trip How to use social media to settle in to fresher’s life: