Quantock Post Room: everything you need to know
The Quantock Post Room provides a complimentary service to ensure the safe/secure receipt of your parcels.
It is situated in the Quantock pavilion, at the bottom of the student village.
Royal Mail & post boxes
- Royal Mail will deliver post directly to the post boxes in front of the pavilions (student village)
- In Carroll Court they will deliver to the post boxes:
- House 1-6 and 34-52: next to house 1
- Houses 7-33: next to house 32
- items that require a signature will be brought straight to the post room
- Your post box is the same number as your house/flat & is shared with your whole house/flat
- Each postbox is secured with a coded padlock: go to Cotswold Customer Services to get your code.
- Please check your post box regularly and ensure that the padlock is secured afterwards.
- If any damage to the padlock, please report Cotswold Customer Services
- Couriers should always try to deliver directly to you, either at your house or via the intercom to your flat
- Arrange a delivery time that you are available at
- Couriers are not allowed into student village so therefore you should sign and collect your parcel at the pavilion
- Please don't ask the couriers to deliver to Cotswold Customer Services or the Post Room if you are on-site and available to collect it yourself
Processing, collecting and returns
- If you use our complimentary service, be aware that parcels can take up to 48 hours to process - maybe longer if it is over a weekend/bank holiday.
- During busy periods, e.g. Black Friday, processing can take +72 hours. Therefore we recommend you always be in to receive parcels, or make an order as far in advance so it is available to you when you need it.
- When we have received a parcel for you, we will notify you when it is available to pick up. Please come to pick it up as quickly as possible following this email.
- If we haven't sent you this email notifying you to come and collect something, your parcel is not ready to collect and we will not be able to let you to collect it.
- BE AWARE: even if your courier notifies you that your parcel has been delivered to us, you cannot collect it from us until we have processed it and emailed you ourselves.
- You have 14 days to collect your parcel from us, after this period it will be returned to sender
- Due to data protection and privacy laws, we are unable to release your parcel without any photo ID (student ID, driving license/ passport). Please bring one form of ID to avoid disappointment <3
- The post room does not operate a returns service, you can use the Campus Post Office (1E11) or arrange courier collection
Collecting on behalf of a friend
- You can nominate a friend to collect your parcel
- But first you must email us your full name and student ID, request for a friend to collect it and provide their name and student number
- They will need to bring their student ID when they collect this for you
- There are red post boxes in each pavilion to post letters
- Please ensure these have the correct postage stamps attached and your address on the back
- Do not post urgent items here as they may take longer than usual to be processed
- There are no collections over the weekend, over bank holidays or UWE closure days
- Urgent post and parcels can go to the Campus Post Office (1E11) open Mon-Fri 12pm-2pm.